Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $57,259 per year or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Position Summary: Oversee daily operations at the Aberdeen Research and Extension Center; manage budgets and expenditures through supervision of financial technicians and administrative staff, manage farm operations staff activity, hire and train staff and evaluate performance. Oversee operation and maintenance of equipment and buildings.
- Education and Experience: Bachelors degree and at least four years related experience in agronomy or a related field.
- Experience and demonstrated ability: managing personnel, facilities, and budgets in an agricultural crops operation.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal skills in communications with employees, supervisors, and the general public.
- Ability to work well with co-workers.
- Ability to: use a computer and associated programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, email and internet). Familiarity with farm management software.
- Pesticide applicators license or ability to obtain license within 6 months of hire.
- Must have a valid drivers license and be able to successfully pass a drivers record check.
- Masters degree in agriculture or related discipline and at least two years related experience in agronomy or a related field.
- Experience with irrigated agriculture.
- Knowledge of operations and maintenance of farm equipment.
- Knowledge of farm and industrial safety issues and the ability to provide safety training.
- Familiarity with agricultural research.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions: Ability to lift, carry, or otherwise move up to 40 lbs. Duties may be performed in inclement weather.
Posting Number: SP002076P
Posting Date: 01/30/2019
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions: First consideration will be given to those who apply by March 3, 2019. The position will remain open until suitable applicant is identified.For the Letter of Qualification, please address how you meet each of the minimum and preferred qualifications.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Since 1889, the University of Idaho has provided motivated students with a transformative higher education experience that prepares them to solve real-world problems and achieve success in their lives and careers. Beginning with our beautiful residential campus in Moscow, the university’s reach extends throughout Idaho, serving over 12,000 students with educational centers in Coeur d’Alene, Boise and Idaho Falls, a research and extension center in Twin Falls, plus Extension offices in 42 counties. One of the nation’s land-grant research universities, U of I is a noted national leader in student-centered learning and interdisciplinary research that promotes public service. Our work serves businesses and communities, advancing the pursuit of diversity, citizenship and global outreach.